Manila, Philippines - Going around the metro is now more convenient and accessible for people with disabilities as buses for point to point service launched their new PWD friendly buses.
P2P (Point to Point) buses picks up and drops off passengers from one point to another much like a shuttle eliminating time consuming stops to fetch passengers.
“PWDs, senior citizens, and pregnant women will begin enjoying the convenience and comfort of this new class of city buses, which improve accessibility with low floors and foldable ramps. We are ridding our streets of dilapidated, poorly-maintained, and unsuitable buses. Eventually, this will push all PUBs to modernize,” - Sec. Jun Abaya.
These buses showcase features such as:
- Low floor height
- Hydraulic kneeling function to allow tilting towards the pavement
- Retractable or foldable boarding and alighting ramp
- Tap-and-go card payment system
- Global positioning system (GPS) devices
- On-board close-circuit television (CCTV) cameras
- Free WiFi
The P2P Bus service is owned and operated by winning service bidder Froelich Tours.